PA Fair Care is Pennsylvania’s health plan for uninsured adults with pre-existing conditions. This temporary plan offers transitional insurance coverage until the broader coverage provisions of federal health insurance reform come to fruition in January 2014. As of February 2012, 4,816 individuals are enrolled in the program.
Applications are currently being accepted for enrollment. Those interested in applying should do so, as space in the program may become limited.
Individuals who are eligible will have a monthly premium of $283, plus $1,000 annual deductible and copays. Please choose one of the following topical links for more information.
Ready to apply?
To access the online application, you may click this link, or you may copy and paste this link into your web browser: https://www.humanservices.state.pa.us/Compass.web/MenuItems/FCSystemCompatibility.aspx
- Eligibility and Availability
- View/Research Provider Networks
- How to Apply
- Additional Questions
- Read Real Life Testimonials
- Fact Sheet English | Spanish
- Link to news release announcing approved proposal
- Link to final proposal (with work plan revisions)
- Link to news release announcing proposal submission
- Link to Health Care Reform & You page
- News Release - Pennsylvania to Begin Offering Health Plan for People with Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Download the PA Fair Care logo Hi Resolution | Low Resolution
- A toll-free number, 1-888-767-7015 (TTY 1-888-767-7018), is available to help you.
- This call center will be open Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.